Christchurch Library is being transformed into a Fun Palace again. Come along for a free day of fun arts, crafts and science! Fun Palaces is a campaign promoting the idea of culture being at the heart of the community and vice versa, through science, tech, arts, craft, sports, digital and heritage activities, by local people for local people of all ages.
Christchurch Library is being transformed into a Fun Palace again. Come along for a free day of fun arts, crafts and science!
Where: Christchurch Library, Christchurch, Dorset
When: 6th October; 11:00 am to 3:00 pm
Fun Palaces aims to challenge the way culture is currently owned and created by fostering stronger and more engaged communities, where people feel empowered to create the cultural activities and infrastructure that they want, through widening participation, supporting local partnerships and shining a light on unsung activity everywhere.
– To unearth and shine a light on people’s existing cultural skills and activities.
– To encourage people to value their existing cultural participation and production.
– To encourage people to work together to make change in their communities with culture as a catalyst.
– To reclaim local and regional public spaces for all.
– To make the most of local assets and how they are shared within a community.
– To cultivate the conditions for new and existing individual and organisational relationships to flourish.
– To shift the perception of culture to one that embraces and values all cultural participation and production, and for resources to be apportioned accordingly.
– For Fun Palaces activity, both the weekend of action and the ongoing campaign, to reflect the demographics of the places in which they happen.
Please complete this form to request more information.